Sunday, November 28, 2010

Project HELP

Last month my preschool kids collected cans and other items that we were going to donate to Project HELP. We discussed about how we should be thankful for all that we have and how important it is to give to others in need. I put a laundry basket by the front door that the kids could put their items in throughout the month and then I was going to take it to Project Help at the end of the month. The families contributed so many items that our basket was overflowing and the kids felt so good about donating to families in need, it was awesome! So, I thought it would be a great experience for Kayla to help me load up the car and take the basket to Project HELP. She was excited to help and when she saw the many families that were waiting outside for donations had many questions and it was a great opportunity to discuss the situations many families face and how lucky we are that we can help them.