Monday, November 22, 2010

Kayla's Pinkalicious 5th Birthday Party

After Kayla was introduced to the book, Pinkalicious (last May) I knew that this would be the theme for her 5th birthday party. You see, I have an obsession with party planning and as soon as one birthday party is over, I'm already thinking about what the next theme will be. Kayla loves to dress up and loves the color pink so I was extra excited to plan this year's party. The Internet is a good and evil thing. I found a ton of websites of other party obsessed mother's like myself that have also thrown obnoxiously pink Pinkalicious parties. Eric and my mom thought I needed to be committed and I even got remarks from the teenage boy cashier at Hobby Lobby, "Whoa, this is a lot of pink". Lol! I don't care, it was Kayla's 5th birthday and I wanted to go all out and make it as girly as possible for my Pinkalicious! The decorations were all pink and inspired from pictures from the book, the food was pink, the drinks were pink, the clothes were pink, and we had stations that the girls could get their nails painted pink and make fancy crowns and of course played the game, Pin the Cherry on the Cupcake. The girls had a blast and I loved watching my big girl laugh and have fun with all of her friends. It was a special day for us both. Also-a special thanks to all of my wonderful friends and family that helped at the party.

***DISCLAIMER***
You do not need to adjust the color on your monitor, the pictures you are about to see are actually all PINK!