Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Great Pumpkin

As most of my friends know, I have always loved watching the Peanuts holiday specials and was so excited when Kayla was old enough to start watching them with me each holiday and now we can watch them with Kyler as well. Last year my mom had a great idea that she would leave a gift of Halloween goodies on the patio Halloween day from the "Great Pumpkin". I of course loved the idea and we carried on the new tradition again this year. So, Halloween afternoon while Eric and I were busy getting everything ready for company, we put "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" on and told Kayla that we will have to check to see if the Great Pumpkin visited us again this year when the movie was over. Much to Kayla's surprise, he did!! Kayla was so excited to see that the Great Pumpkin came to our house and was jumping up and down, while Kyler on the other hand had no idea what was going on but became excited once he saw all of the Halloween Elmo themed gifts that were in his bag. I love continuing traditions and creating new ones with Kayla and Kyler!