Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Eve

Every year we have family over to celebrate Christmas Eve. I have so many fun memories of Christmas Eve from my childhood that I try to continue some of my favorite traditions with my kids and family.

Getting ready to make cookies for Santa and Elfie.



Kayla was giving the cookies that they made for Elfie to eat before he left with Santa to back to the North Pole.

Kyler's, "look at my mad face" face because he cannot eat the cookies that they made for Santa.

Christmas Cuties!!


Tracking Santa. He's getting closer...





So I had this great idea of getting cupcakes from Cold Stone Creamery that turned out to be not such a great idea. They looked so cute, tasted really yummy but made a HUGE mess. Needless to say, after the kids were done playing with the frosting that stained their faces and hands, it was time for a bath!!



Nice and clean now in their Christmas jammies

One of my favorite memories of Christmas Eve is when all the kids would pile into my uncle's car and go looking for Santa while we sang Christmas carols. The kids got SO excited when we told them we were going out to look for Santa because the tracker said he was getting closer to our neighborhood. When we were driving around Eric pretended that he thought he saw Santa and we better hurry back home and go to bed (heehee) so Santa could come. The kids could not wait to get home and tell grandma and grandpa that daddy saw Santa!!!

Sharing the exciting news!

Getting ready to read, "The Night Before Christmas" with Grandma Jean.


Sprinkling reindeer food out for Santa's reindeer


Putting cookies and milk out for Santa