Monday, December 13, 2010

Snowball Fights and a Silly Christmas

So, I/we have been so busy lately that as a family, we only were spending two nights a week together. : ( The first night that we had free to spend some time together, I thought that it would be fun to plan family game night. We have tried game night in the past and it does not always have the fun family feel that I hoped for. Kyler usually can't play what we are playing but he tries and then Kayla gets upset because Kyler is not doing it right and then Kyler cries because Kayla is getting upset with him...blah, blah, blah. Soooo, I decided that I would plan a night which involved the whole family. I take no credit for any of these ideas, I looked them up online (got to love the Internet). The first game we played we pretended that cotton balls were snowballs and we blindfolded each other and then had to use a big spoon to scoop up as many "snowballs" as we could in a minute. I actually remembered this game from my baby shower, lol! Kayla thought it was hilarious! The next game we played (no pictures, camera died) was Silly Christmas. I rearranged the living room with 10 silly things, like Halloween decorations, valentine's day towels, turned decorations upside down, etc. Eric and the kids had to find the 10 silly things in 2 minutes. Then to wrap up the night we talked about true meaning of Christmas and ate peppermint ice cream. YUM! It is Eric's turn to plan tomorrow night...this should be interesting! : )