Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Cookies

My mom and I decided that this year instead of making one dessert for Christmas Eve that we would make a variety of Christmas cookies. We spent the day at Grandma Jean's house baking and attempting to make some "new" cookies. I saw this really cute recipe online for cookies shaped like candy canes and the recipe seemed easy enough. Well after traveling to 3 different stores to find peppermint extract, we mixed and shaped the dough and they were all set to bake. After minutes of being in the oven, the cookies started expanding at a freakishly fast rate. I was bummed and confused while my mom apparently thought it was the funniest thing that she ever saw and decided to take pictures. Lol! We salvaged the cookies by cutting the giant cookies in to candy cane shapes and thankfully they tasted really good. Live and learn...