Saturday, October 16, 2010

"Pinkalicious Paci Party"

Well, the dreaded day (for both Kyler and I) finally came. When Kyler went to his 18 month checkup the doctor told me it was time to get rid of the paci. : ( I guess I have been holding onto the paci because it was the only thing that still made Kyler a "baby". I don't want my kids to grow up, I want them to stay little forever. : ( Yet, I knew that we (I) had to bite the bullet and throw away the paci's. So, we gathered up all the paci's and told Kyler that he was a big boy and he did not need them anymore so we were going to throw them away. Since Kayla has her Pinkalicious birthday party on her mind and we were having a "paci party" for Kyler, she decided to rename our party to, "Pinkalicious Paci Party" which meant she "had" to dress in all pink. At first, Kyler grabbed a paci, stuck it in his mouth and then gathered up all the other paci's. I thought we were in for trouble and I was ready to cave in but sure enough after our encouragement, Kyler took the paci's one by one to the garbage and we said good-bye. After he threw all of the paci's away he clapped and ran over to me and gave me a big hug. I melted of course! The first night went okay, he cried out for a paci for a few minutes then he started calling out for me and then Eric, and then grandma, grandpa and Uncle. After realizing that no one was going to bring him a paci he just started babbling in his crib for about 45 minutes. It was hilarious!! He slept through the night just fine however, he has not napped in the past two days. He just lays there and talks to himself and then finally gets bored and starts crying. Hopefully this is just a phase he is going through while is adjusting to not having his paci because I NEED him to nap!! Cross your fingers