Saturday, August 13, 2011

Kyler's First Day of Preschool

Kyler joined my new 3 year-old class and had a great first day! I was a little nervous about how he would do considering I was him mom and we were in our house but he did great! He was such a good listener and had so much fun with his new little buddy. I absolutely love having my own kiddos in class with me. It is so fun for me to see them in a "school" setting and how they interact with others. I have so many memories from when Kayla was in school with me that I'm glad I will be able to have that time with Kyler as well.

Since we made such a fuss over Kayla starting Kindergarten, it was only fair that we did some special things to recognize Kyler's first day of school as well. He was so excited to start school, just like his sissy. Lately, when we would talk about Kayla's school, he would mention his school, too. It was cute! So, grandma made a special school box for Kyler with some goodies inside. We also read, "The Night Before Preschool". I realized about 10:00 the night before that I did not make a banner for Kyler, and even though he would have no clue if I made one for him or not and Eric thought I was crazy, I just felt guilty (and mom guilt is the worst). So, I threw a "banner" together and hung it up outside of his room for him to see in the morning- which he walked right past when he woke up. Lol! Oh, well.